Mindfulness Meditation for Beginners11 April to 16 May 2018 FULLY BOOKED - please let us know if you'd like to be notified if places become available.
£75.00, including handouts and guided meditations
Wednesdays 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
Allerton Park, Chapel Allerton, Leeds, West Yorkshire
“The best way to capture moments is to pay attention. This is how we cultivate mindfulness. Mindfulness means being awake. It means knowing what you are doing”. (John Kabat-Zinn)
This six-week evening class is structured to give you all the tools you need to practice mindfulness meditation; and to go deep into your mindfulness practice with the support and guidance of an experienced teacher.
Mindfulness practice, also known as insight meditation or 'vipassana', has been linked to many benefits. Mindfulness is the core foundation of any meditation practice, helping us to develop our awareness and presence in each and every moment. During the course you will learn:
- How to structure your practice, working mainly with mindfulness of breathing.
- How to develop a stable concentration on any object of your mindful attention, steadying your mind and opening up an inner space of peace, calm and wellbeing.
- How to investigate your mind and gain a healthy distance from the everyday mental patterns that can cause us distress, such as difficult emotions, or unwanted thoughts.
- How to deal with distractions in your practice.
- How to deal with resistances that come up as you establish a regular practice.
- How to apply mindfulness and awareness to your daily life.
- How to stay present in the moment - not jumping between the past and the future as our minds normally do - so that you can truly experience and open up to life.
Guided audio meditations of key mindfulness practices will be provided, as well as handouts of the course content and ongoing email support in between classes.
If you'd like more information or to chat about the course please contact us.